Search This Blog

Monday 12 May 2014

MIA | Bit of a Freak

I seem to have had a bad case of the MIA, and for that I apologise. You know sometimes, life happens, things knock you off your socks, you take a while to get back to an even keel, and things like writing a blog get pushed wayyy on down the pecking order.




Life happened. And by 'life happened' I mean I got headbutted. And by 'I got headbutted' I mean I got headbutted twice, by a nasty lady who clearly has a lot of issues herself. I don't want to go over it again as it was a while ago now and I must have told the story a billion times, but basically, I didn't deserve it one little bit and it really shook me up. If, by some chance, anyone who reads this ever feels the need to headbutt someone, please don't, it really isn't very nice and it makes things all very dramatic, and it turns out the nose is very fragile and bleeds LOADS, and blood is a pretty difficult stain to remove.

As well as being shook up, I tried to think of positives from the situation. It was kind of liberating. I had never been hit before and I didn't break! I bled tonnes, but my nose remained intact and my friend Gareth congratulated me on remaining standing. He said I am made of steel. Don't bloody mess with me, the girl who continued trying to have a  polite conversation with the girl who had just headbutted me twice, I am bloody HARD! HA. It also does that corny old thing of making you realise who is looking out for you, who you are important to, and who is important to you. Who is your kind of person. And I realised, whilst a lot of the people I thought were all those things really are, a very small minority, whom I will not concentrate on, really are not, and that's ok too, we all have our own stories. So for that, I am very grateful.

So, anyway, since the incident, I kinda didn't feel like blogging anything, and the longer you leave it, the longer you become out of the swing of things, and life just keeps on coming in the form of upcoming exams, thus revision. But here I am, dipping my toes back in to the lovely world of blogging. I have missed writing and conversing with you lovely lot!

I hope your worlds are wonderful!








P.s. Sorry for the rambleness and lack of editing and proof-reading. I just whacked this out as it came to my mind, and it felt bloody lovely.

6 comments:

  1. Jesus, that sounds awful! Well done for staying standing though, if that was me I'd have hit the dirt haha!

    Collette
    inkedhibiscus.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Collette! She didn't hold back either, so I think I did pretty well! Maybe it was due to the fact I just didn't know how to handle it haha.

      xo

      Delete
  2. Some people are just shocking, glad you using blogging in a therapeutic way.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Meg. I think blogging is one of the most therapeutic activities there is :) thank you very much for your comment xo

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, what the hell?? That's crazy! I don't blame you for lying low for a bit, I wouldn't really know what to do with myself! Glad you seem to be feeling a bit better! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lying low, great description haha. It is all a bit crazy, but all done with now. Thanks babe, and thanks for your comment :)

      xo

      Delete