Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Handmade Mother's Day Gift Ideas | Crafts | Bit of a Freak


If you are not already aware, Mother's day is coming up fast! For some reason 2014 is disappearing at the speed of light and although we were only shouting "Happy new year!!" five minutes ago, it is nearly March. Mother's day is on March 30th this year and I have been thinking for a little while what cheap and cheerful handmade Mother's day gifts I could make for mine.

My mum is my bestest friend, and whilst I am not going to blab on about her, she is pretty incredible. For christmas I made her a handmade gift, which I may blog about, that made her cry. She said it was her most favourite present and it had cost me £0, being totally made with things I had lying around. Basically, she appeciates hand-made (don't we all?) which is just as well because I am well into scrapbooking and crafts at the moment, and I am skint!

So here I present the fruits of my Pinterest labour and the inspiration for what I will be making my mum:


1. Handmade paper/material flowers.


First of all, I am going to make something similar to the middle image, with nice, simple glasswear and handmade flowers. I hope it to be a combination of all the flowers pictured. Flowers are THE go-to gift for ladies I feel, beautiful and simple. These will be just as pretty, cost less, and last longer. WIN!



2. DIY recipe book.


I am also going to make a her a DIY cook book that will look a little like this. I am moving away in September, into my bofriend's house in Winchester (which is a looooong way away from where I live now). I do most of the cooking in my house, and whilst my mum is a mean cook at tradition "mum meals" like roast dinners and rice pudding, she struggles when it comes to cooking the things I cook. I figured I could write her down all of my recipes so she can use them when I am away.


3. My inspiration for the card I am going to make:

I love the simpleness of the card in the middle, the naturalness, and I love the quotes to the side, particularly the one to right. It reads "If I didn't have you as a mum I would choose you as a best friend".


What are you planning to do for your mum for Mother's day?

18 comments:

  1. really really cute ideas and now I actually know what I'll give my mother :) and your blog is really cute and lovely! madamxann.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thank you for being so kind! What have you decided? xx

      Delete
  2. Those are some lovely ideas!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipes book!

    Would you like to follow eachother? I will follow you witch GFC anyway, love the blog! x

    Miss Annie @ www.missannieway.blogspot.com - Photography & adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, miss Annie! Thank you for your comment and the follow, I'll be sure to check out your blog x

      Delete
  4. These are such cute ideas, I think the recipe book is my favourite! great post. xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is my favourite too, but I started making the flowers last night and wow-Oh-wow they look amazing!

      Thank you for your comment Ferdie (I love your name). Xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! So many great ideas. I love your blog.
    Beth x

    www.thebritishgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Beth. Thank you for your lovely comment :) I'll be sure to check out your blog. I love your URL! xx

      Delete
  6. Great ideas..I love the paper flowers :)

    Jenna || Jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Me too, I started making them last night and now I love them even more. So pretty!

      Thank you for your comment! X

      Delete
  7. All the ideas are so cute and lovely- thank you! Who doesn't love treating your mum on mothers day?

    Sharlotte || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :) it is lovely to treat your mum, you're right. They are the best x

      Delete
  8. those flowers in the middle are just the cuttest!
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came out even cuter in real life!! Excited to blog about them! Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete